Today is MY day! So I put a little Harry Connick Jr. on the I-pod and was off to roast some chicken thighs. The original plan was to make Chicken and Noodles with the roasted chicken, which I did, but the true glory was the roasted chicken. I took four pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs coated them in oil, salt, pepper, and some thyme, then roasted them. They were quite delicious and so easy, that you have absolutely no excuse to not try them.
Now, I'm sure my mom is wondering "what, where are the chicken and noodles?". Now to that I must say that I did make them and they are good, so I will add the recipe for those at the bottom as well!
Okay so here are the recipes:
Roasted Chicken Thighs
Modified from Bon Appetit
Ingredients:
4 lbs. Chicken Thighs
Sea Salt
Pepper
Canola Oil
Rubbed Thyme
4 Carrots, peeled and chopped into 2 inch pieces
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 whole onion, chunked
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Oil a 13x9" pan with 2 Tablespoons of canola oil or olive oil (not extra virgin olive oil, trust me it smokes). Put your chicken thighs skin side down into the pan. Coat with plenty of salt and pepper. Turn them over and do the same. Bake for 25-3o minutes skin side up.
While baking, chop and prepare your vegetables. Take the chicken out and let rest on a different baking pan. Cover loosely with tin foil. Put your carrots, garlic, and onion into the 9x 13 pan you just took the chicken out of. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until carrots are tender to your liking.
Take out of the oven and put the chicken on top of the roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with about 2 teaspoons of dried thyme and let the chicken finish cooking in the oven for about 15-20 more minutes, or until done.
The skin will be so crispy and delicious it's so worth it! Serve with the vegetables and some yummy crusty bread!
Chicken and Noodles
By Amber Carver, Assisted by my mom :)
Ingredients:
12 oz. noodles of your choice, a homemade type version is best
96 oz. (3, 32 oz boxes) of chicken stock
5 Roasted Chicken Thighs
Directions:
Bring chicken stock to a boil.
After letting the chicken thighs cool, go through and pull the meat off the bones, placing the meat on a separate plate. *Notes: this is not a "clean" job. After removing the chicken from the bone place into chicken stock.
Once stock is boiling add a liberal amount of salt and the noodles. Let cook until al dente. Follow the directions on the package for the correct time. Once the noodles are done there you have it, Chicken and noodles. Now I drain off the majority of my stock because I love my chicken and noodles to be thick not like a soup. I must stress please do not be afraid to taste the stock to adjust the seasonings!
I highly recommend making some mashed potatoes to go with the chicken and noodles!
1 comment:
The thighs look great but where's the photo of the chicken & noodles? I wanted to see them too!
Post a Comment